Saturday 15 June 2013

And There's More...

Last week, myself and these lovely ladies were Getting Acquainted on the Plum and June Let's Get Acquainted Blog Hop, and what a fab week.  

http://owensolivia.blogspot.com/




kitchentablequilting.blogspot.com

I have met and "spoken" to some fab ladies, and seen some amazing quilting and sewing, so I figured I might do a little synopsis of some of my fave bits/quilts:
Owen's olivia has a fresh, modern style, check out her stunning room makeover, that wood panelling looks amazing, and I would LOVE to have that as my bedroom. I'd think all my birthdays came at once- but then my bedroom is currently a murky brown/dark purple, and makes my stomach turn every time I see the wallpaper!
Owen's Olivia Room Makeover


13 Spools- well I'm already a big fan, Amy is a clever lady, and having recently come out of hibernation/anonimity she is definitely spreading her wings- you'll find lots of great tutorials and quiltalongs, and check out the quilty eye candy. This is one of those quilts I wish I had made, and I want to make, now!  Amy, how about a little tutorial on this Bargello technique for us, you know you want to!!
Black Jag, stunning

The fab Robot Mom, she sews you know!?!  Knocking it out of the park this week with a tute on how to laminate fabrics, and a heads up on how to sew them as they're a little tricky, definitely worth a "pin" for later even if you're not planning on using it right away.

Robot Mom Sews
And finally, Erica at Kitchen Table Quilting, and her Briar Rose Single Girl Quilt- gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous (and backed with minky!). 
single girl baby quilt
Erica, Kitchen Table Quilting

 I have already been salivating (not literally) over this fabric line, and can't wait to get my hands on some when it is released next month- can't imagine cutting it though, I'll probably just stroke it for a while, although this lady has tempted me with a Briar Rose sewing play date, and as they say, I can resist everything except temptation!  And whilst you're there, have a look around, the 2013 and 2012 quilts are stunning, all of them, every single one, and I'm not jealous, honestly, much  that is a lie!

So, onto this weeks quilters/sewists, I've already managed a visit to them all, and I can confidently say, all killer no filler here (especially the fab Sarah at Duck Egg Threads, my first bloggy friend- we started blogging within days of one another).  
So, what are you waiting for?!?!  Get yourself blog browsing asap:
Friday, June 14
Julie @ Jolie Maxtin

Melissa @ Melia Mae Quilting

Adrianne @ On The Windy Side

Molli @ Molli Sparkles

Laura @ Little And Lots




Valerie @ Between Quilts


Ange x
p.s apologies for any spelling errors, after a crazy afternoon at a kids party I figured i deserved a few glasses of vino!
After 2 and half hours at kids party, think I've earned this! 

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad Susan introduced us. I can't wait to meet in less than 5 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Di, she'll be so disappointed!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for including me Ange! It was nice to meet you too! Flying Blind- LMBO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome post!! Thank you SO much for the shout out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoop Whoop, thanks for the "big up"!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gues you can drink and blog after all ;o)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments, so go ahead, say something, it really makes my day.......